Sea of Cortez
Travel Details - This Is Important!
Making Your Travel Plans, and some tips
1. The recommended route is to fly in to Los Cabos Airport SJD. Southwest is now flying direct from John Wayne airport SNA. Plan your travel so that you arrive in Cabo mid-day or earlier - earlier is better! Customs and immigration can sometimes take up to 2 hours if you arrive later in the day.
2. Arrange in advance for a shuttle from the airport to the La Paz Malecon from EcoBajaTours (appx. 3 hour trip). Visit the EcoBajaTours website to check their schedule and pricing, and book your shuttle. You really need to do this in advance because they are often sold out on arrival day. You really need to do this in advance. You really need to do this in advance. That's not a typo. Just do it! Once on the site:
· choose round trip
· select the departure point as Los Cabos Airport SJD
· select the destination as La Paz Malecon
The current fare is 981 Pesos, and the exchange rate varies, but at $.055 USD to the Peso it is about $54 USD for the round trip.
3. Then, taxi to the Dream Yacht Charters base at the Costa Baja Resort Marina (appx. 3 miles). Taxis are on site at the La Paz Malecon bus depot where the EcoBajaTours shuttle stops. Fare to the Costa Baja Resort Marina is appx. 100 Pesos. Target your arrival time at the marina for 5:00 PM. I'll provide you with specific directions so your cabbie can find the right place to drop you off.
Please contact us if you need assistance!