Santana Sailing School
Learn to Sail and Cruise With Santana Sailing
Santana Sailing is a NauticEd Sailing School, combining state of the art sail training, the highest certification standards in the business, and a guarantee of practical competency. Building your competence and confidence on the water is what we do.
Sound good? Get your gloves and sunglasses and come on out with us for some Vitamin Sea!
What We Offer
- State of the art online and practical sail training methodology
- You will earn the confidence and competence to fulfill your sailing dreams
- GUARANTEED PRACTICAL COMPETENCY
- Sailing Certification Ranks recognized at Sunsail, The Moorings, and around the world
- The International SLC™ so you can charter in the Mediterranean
- Practical endorsements for skills such as Spinnaker, Anchoring, Catamaran, Maneuvering Under Power, Crew Overboard Rescue, and more
- Training and certification out of Newport Beach, Catalina and the Channel Islands, and with your boat and crew
- Sail Training Adventures on the Sea of Cortez, Caribbean, and Mediterranean
- Lifetime access to the NauticEd sail training curriculum
- scroll down for Sailing Courses / Certification Ranks -
State of The Art Training
Santana Sailing is a NauticEd Sailing School. Our practical training methodology, honed by two decades of on the water sailing and cruising instruction, is combined with state of the art online knowledge training which meets the American National Standards (ANSI) for sailing training and assessment. Start checking it out with 2 Free NauticEd sailing courses right HERE.
Guaranteed Practical Competency
You're here for the knowledge, skills, and abilities you need to accomplish your sailing dream. And so, until and unless you decide that sailing just isn’t for you, you can keep coming back for additional practical instruction, on the water, at no additional charge until we can absolutely, positively, check off on your practical abilities according to the ANSI sailing training and assessment standards. More details HERE.
Get Tuned Up, Build Your Resume, and Go International
The certification ranks we offer, from Qualified Crew Member to Skipper, Bareboat Charter Master, Captain Rank, and the International SLC, are designed to help you get from where you are in the world of sailing to where you want to be. Your certifications, combined with your experience - your sailing resume - are the keys.
Getting Tuned Up
Already have your Bareboat Certification but feel rusty? Want Catamaran experience and Certification? Get a refresher for your upcoming charter, or get your Bareboat Charter Master Certification in Newport Beach or on one of our Waterlife Adventures.
Building Your Sailing Resume
Santana Sailing offers a free NauticEd online logbook, resume, and TrackLink app that will add to your online resume with a couple of taps on your iPhone. The certifications and endorsements you receive are posted in your online resume, and the link can be sent to anyone who needs it. Sign up for 2 Free Sailing Courses and get your online resume and logbook HERE.
Getting Your International SLC
Are you planning to charter in Spain, Italy, Croatia or elsewhere in the Med? Get your International SLC by passing the exams online, and prep for and take the practical evaluation on the water in Newport Beach or on your boat. And when you book your charter with NauticEd, they can pre-clear your license with the Yacht Charter Company for you.
Sailing Courses / Certification Ranks
Click the links below to see more about what interests you, or go to the top-level navigation under the School tab.
Basic Sailing / Skipper Small Keelboat (SSKB)
Basis Cruising / Skipper (large) Keelboat (SKPR)
Bareboat Charter Master / BBCM