Maneuvering Under Power
Want to be able to back the boat in to a slip, feel comfortable at a busy fuel dock, and pick up that mooring in a crosswind? This is the class that so many sailors say they need more of.
You'll practice and refine your skills in these areas, and more: docking at slips, side-ties, and pump-out stations; maneuvering in reverse; backing in to a slip or side tie; springing off a lee wall; using prop-walk and prop-wash for pivot turns and fine control; picking up a mooring; recovering when it goes wrong.
Where: Newport Harbor, parking and boarding instructions will be provided
Cost: $129 per person – including Maneuvering Under Power online course ($39.00 value)
- NauticEd Maneuvering Under Power online course ($39.00 value)
- Free online Logbook and Resume - you need this for that BVI charter you're thinking of
- Free TrackLink App - makes adding to your sailing resume automatic and easy
- 2 Free Sailing Courses
What to Bring:
- Hat, gloves, sunglasses, glasses, sunscreen
- Layers of clothing, including windbreaker
- Water, and lunch for yourself
- Non-marking deck shoes
- A smile!