The asymmetrical spinnaker is a beautiful sail that can make the difference between sailing back from Catalina, and having to motor all the way home. Designed for reaching and downwind sailing, the fast and impressive asymmetric spinnaker is actually pretty straightforward once you know how to rig and fly it. That what we teach and practice here.
You’ll learn how to rig, set, trim, jibe, and douse the asymmetric spinnaker, and how the helmsman and the trimmer work together to make the boat go fast.
Prerequisites: Skill level of Competent Crew - able to work at the skipper’s direction to safely handle halyards, sheets, and winches; familiarity with sail trim concepts; must be in good physical condition, able to move around the boat while underway.
Where: Newport Harbor, parking and boarding instructions will be provided
Cost: $99 per person
- Free NauticEd online Logbook and Resume
- Free TrackLink App - makes adding to your sailing resume automatic and easy
- 2 Free NauticEd Sailing Courses
- Links to above sent upon registration
What to Bring:
- Hat, gloves, sunglasses, glasses, sunscreen
- Layers of clothing, including windbreaker
- Water, and lunch for yourself
- Non-marking deck shoes
- A smile!