Bareboat Charter Master
Course / Certification
For many sailors, the prime motivation for pursuing the sport of sailing is the dream of chartering large sailboats in exotic locations. With the Bareboat Charter Master Course and Certification, you'll gain the confidence and competence to do just that.
When you complete the online coursework (six sailing lessons), get practical competency training and evaluation in a 3 day (or longer) course on the water, and log 50 days sailing in the Free online sailing logbook, you'll receive the Bareboat Charter Master Rank Level III, accepted by The Moorings, Sunsail, and charter companies around the world.
- Prerequisite: Skipper Certification, ASA 103, US Sailing Basic Cruising, or equivalent experience. Please contact us to discuss your level of experience prior to registering for the practical training and evaluation in this course
- Small group training, with discounts for couples
- Guaranteed Practical Competency
- Scroll down for more...
Practical On The Water Training and Evaluation
This course is all about multi-day voyages, the kind you'll want to do on your own. You'll learn passage planning and provisioning, navigation, anchoring and mooring, and how to handle systems and maneuvers under sail and power, on a large sailboat, on multi-day voyages.
Course Options Include:
- 3 and 4 day training cruises from Newport Beach Harbor to Catalina and the Channel islands
- Sea of Cortez sailing adventures, 7 to 14 days in length
- 7 day Caribbean sailing adventures in Grenada, and the Spanish Virgin Islands
- Custom 3 to 5 day training cruises to Catalina and the Channel islands, on our boat or yours.
Includes Bareboat Charter Master bundle of Courses from NauticEd
State of the art online training includes the Skipper Course bundle plus Bareboat Charter, Coastal Navigation, Anchoring a Sailboatr, and Electronic Navigation. Includes lifetime access to course materials. Complete the online course materials prior to beginning your on the water training.
- NauticEd membership, and lifetime access to courses purchased
- NauticEd Bareboat Charter Master bundle of Courses
- Free online Logbook and Resume - you need this for that BVI charter you're thinking of...
- Free TrackLink App - makes adding to your sailing resume automatic and easy
- 3 days of on the water training, 18 hours total
- Introduction to Newport Beach charter companies
- Guranteed Practical Competency
American National Standard - Sail
Our training methodology meets the On-Water Recreational Boating Skills Standard – SAIL, the newly released 2017 American National Standard for on-water instruction in entry-level recreational sailboat operation.
Guaranteed Practical Competency
We really want you to have the skills - we know that you do too. And we have high standards - actually, the highest standards.
That's why our policy is that until we can absolutely, positively, check off on your practical abilities according to the ANSI sailing training and assessment standards (we hope that happens the first time), you can keep coming back for additional practical instruction, on the water, at no additional charge.
Here's what this guarantee means: when you get the certification, it'll be because you've shown us you that you have the knowledge, you can apply it on the water, and you can really sail the boat!